If you are a fellow bald man like ourselves, or you are thinking about shaving it all off, then these head shaving tips will help you. Especially when it comes to the frequency at which you should be shaving your head!
By reading this post, I assume you have decided that it’s time to shave your head!
That, or you are 99 percent sure you are going to shave your head and just need one more re assurance that it’s all going to be fine once it’s all gone!
In this post I will show you how long it takes to shave your head, how to shave your head and still feel good, and how often I personally shave my head!
Head Shaving Tips: Why You Should Shave Your Head
I used to be one of those guys that held onto his hair for a few years and trust me, it’s a waste of time and emotional energy!
I get the feeling.
Been there, done that.
So I get it!
But my only piece of advice is just to shave it off and save yourself the time stressing about it, and the money wasted on hair growth products.
You can thank me later!
Think about it.
No more bald patches, no more worrying about what cap to wear and no more trips to the hair salon!
- Why Bald Men Are More Attractive To Women
- Advice For Balding Guys: Just Shave It Off Already!
- MANTL Review: Are These The Best Bald Mans Grooming Products?
My bald brother, Richard, recently wrote an article on why men that are balding need to shave their heads sooner rather than later.
In this post he mentions why it’s important to get your head shaved right away before the inevitable occurs!
Here are 4 reasons why you need to just shave your head right now:
- No one can insult you for being bald once it’s all gone.
- You can reinvent yourself much quicker as a bald man.
- The longer you wait to pull the trigger, the harder it gets.
- It’s less noticeable early on when you have just started going bald .
We at The Bald Brothers follow a certain process when we shave our heads and we think the following 10 steps on how to shave your head bald is the most efficient and best way to shave your head.
It gets easier with time, and soon enough you’ll be a pro shaver!
How Long Does It Take To Shave Your Head?
Three variables play an important role in determining the time taken to shave your head: experience, quality of razor and length of hair.
- Experience: The old saying “you can’t buy experience” is relevant when it comes to shaving your head. As you do it more often, your productivity will also increase. You will naturally get better with time and be able to shave your head really quickly without missing any spots. Basically you’ll be a pro soon enough!
- Quality of razor: There is no substitute for a quality razor. We believe you need to invest in a quality razor with good blades. A razor such as the Gillette Mach 3 seems to work well. Your bald head will be the most visible part of your body and therefore you don’t want to have rashes, cuts and unequal hair length after shaving. Invest in quality from the start!
- Length of hair: This will coincide with how often you need to shave your head. Obviously if your hair is longer, it will take you longer to shave your head but this also means that you will shave your head less frequently. The downside is that if you wait too long between shaving your head you will first need to cut your hair with clippers as it will be too long to shave with a razor.
Head Shaving Tips: How Often Do You Need To Shave Your Head?
Shaving your head frequently keeps it clean while maintaining the badass bald look.
I would estimate that the average man would need to shave his head 2 to 3 times per week.
But my advice is that you need to use a ‘trial and error’ approach with your own scalp first and see what works, then adjust the needs to suit your lifestyle.
A good tip is to have one of your shaving days on a weekend so that you have one less shaving day in your busy work week to worry about.
How Many Times Per Week Do I Shave My Head?
I started shaving my head 2 years ago and have found that the optimum time for me to shave my head is every 3 days (twice a week on average).
After 3 days my hair still isn’t too long.
I can shave the surface of my head with one motion, and not have to go over it too often.
It takes me 5-7 minutes from to start to finish to shave my head.
This is about 15 minutes a week dedicated to head shaving.
Much quicker and cheaper than a trip to the barber!
After your first few times of shaving your head, you’ll be able to cut it all off in your sleep!
Nothing beats the feeling of a cleanly shaven head. So make sure you do it properly!
The benefits are that there will be no more trips to the barber, which in the long run will save you loads of time and money.
I will leave you with one last bit of advice: Just shave it off sooner than later!