In this article we are going to share our top 10 list making up the best moisturizer for your bald head.
So you have taken the plunge and decided to shave your head, and for that I congratulate you!
No more worrying about going bald.
No more stressing about whether you can get your hair to grow back again.
You are now officially on your way to embracing baldness 100%.
But with a great bald head comes great responsibilities.
You need to start looking after your newly bald head, otherwise you are going to pay for it in the long run.
All of a sudden your bare skin is exposed to sunlight, to the cold.
It can feel irritated, and it can get dry.
And what’s one of the best ways to take good care of the skin on top of your new crown?
Moisturize it on a daily basis!
Early on in my bald journey, I never thought about ever using a moisturizer for a bald head.
I mean, it just wasn’t something I thought I ever needed!
Once you take the step and shave your head, your bald head will become exposed to more pollutants, air borne toxins, allergens and even weather elements such as extreme heat and extreme cold. These all directly affect our shaved head.
Being exposed to these elements above will cause dryness, irritations and other skin related problems to your bald head.
So if you are wondering what is the best moisturizer for bald head, then keep scrolling.
You are in the right place!
In A Hurry?
Here are our favorite picks for you to check out!
Keep scrolling down to learn more about the top 10 moisturizers for your bald head!
5 Important Considerations To Note About Moisturizers For Your Bald Head
Below are a few things to take into consideration before you pick a good moisturizer for your bald head.
1. Is It Organic?
Using a moisturizer that is organic and contains little to no chemicals is the best for our shaved head.
When possible, always try and go organic.
2. Available In Many Different Forms?
The good thing about moisturizers is that they are available in plenty of different forms.
These can range from creams, oils and gels, giving you plenty of options and variety to make your purchase decision.
3. When Is Best Time To Use Moisturizer?
The best time to apply your moisturizer would be directly after your morning shower once, you have dried and washed your head.
This has been proven to be the most effective and efficient time to apply moisturizer, as your scalp will be able to absorb it best without it being hindered by dirt and dust particles.
Another good time is right before bed after taking a shower.
4. How Often Should You Apply Moizturiser?
Most products recommend you apply moisturizer once or twice a day maximum (after your morning and evening shower is best).
That should be enough frequency to keep your bald head in tip top shape!
5. Does It Include a SPF?
Personally, I prefer a moisturizer which also includes SPF. This way you get both protection from the sun and your scalp is kept moist!
10 of The Best Moisturizer for Bald Head
- 9 Best Grooming Tips For Bald Men
- 15 Of The Best Hairstyle For Balding Men
- The Bald Bible – The Ultimate Handbook For Balding Men
The moisturizers mentioned below are all based on my personal use and experience.
Other readers reviews were also taken into account when writing up this review.
If you have any further information on head and face moisturizers that you are currently using, feel free to add them in the comments section below.
Below are our 10 top choices of moisturizers!
MANTL Men’s Moisturizer
Quick overview of MANTL:
MANTL was founded and created with the core goal to get bald men to embrace their baldness.
They were co-founded by Karamo Brown (from Queer Eye) after experiencing the negative side effects of hair loss and going bald.
MANTL has a range of only 4 different products, which includes two different men’s moisturizers which we will evaluating below.
All of their products are aimed at bald men, so it’s only appropriate that we have their stuff in this list, as most moisturizers never seem to be targeted at only serving bald heads!
MANTL Invisible Daily SPF30
- SPF30 So it seconds as a sunscreen and prevents sunburn
- Light and transparent moisturizer
- Provides skin with a matte and smooth look
- Made up of organic ingredients such as Willow Herb Extract, Ginger Root and Vitamin F
- Contains only natural fragrances
- No testing is done on any animals
- It’s less than 100ml in size and can be used to easily travel with (98ml to be exact)
- Priced at just under $30 for 98ml, one could say it’s on the expensive side of the moisturizer range, but you pay for what you get
MANTL Age Defense Moisturizer
- Blends into skin easily without leaving any traces of streaks or shines
- Gets maximum hydration into your bald head
- Organic ingredients used which contains mainly Willow Herb Extract and Aloe extracts
- Very hydrating moisturizer with the added bonus of age protection
- Same as the Invisible Daily SPF30, it’s sized at 98ml so travelling will not be an issue and can be easily packed into hand luggage
- Contains natural fragrances
- Free from parben, silicone and synthetic dye
- Priced at $25 for 98ml, it’s at the high end scale of moisturizers, but yet again, you are paying for a quality product
Nivea Men Maximum Hydration Protective Lotion
Nivea Men’s moisturizer products have been around for decades, and have stood the test of time.
Their brand is associated with excellence and millions of users (including myself) can confirm that.
Well known for their hydrating qualities, most of Nivea Men’s moisturizer products are a top choice for all men.
- Rehydrating moisturizer
- Built in skin care
- Price point at just over $12 makes it really affordable for most people
- Less than 100ml which makes it easy to travel with in hand luggage
- Absorbs well into skin
- 75ml Is a small tube, which means it will not last as long as other moisturizers
Brickell Men’s Daily Essential Face Moisturizer for Men
The Brickell men’s moisturizer is a light and fast absorbing moisturizer.
Natural ingredients include: Aloe, jojoba oil, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid and green tea.
- Its an oil-free natural moisturizer that is packed with natural ingredients to hydrate and nourish your skin
- Can be used by men with any skin type
- Men with normal, oily, sensitive, dry or combination types of skin will benefit from this product
- Brickell creates skincare and grooming products for men using natural organic ingredients
- Priced at $35, it is at the high end of men’s moisturizers
- It’s 118ml which makes it non compatible for hand luggage travelling
Marlow No.123 Men’s Facial Moisturiser
Marlowe no.123 Men’s Facial Moisturizer is a lightweight daily face lotion for men which is best used for dry or oily skin.
It is made only with natural ingredients and anti-aging extracts.
- Provides natural anti-aging effects
- The price for 177ml of moisturizer is serious value for money
- Natural fragrances of aloe and citrus
- Animal cruelty-free and is paraben and phthalate free
- Contains isopropyl myristate and stearic acid, two of the most “pore clogging” and acne producing ingredients according to numerous dermatological studies, so you most probably want to avoid this product if you are prone to breakouts
Thrive Natural Moisturizer
Thrive is a non-greasy facial moisturizer for men. Their products are made with natural and organic ingredients that keep your skin hydrated, and helps with irritation as an after head or face shave.
- Price is affordable
- Serves a dual purpose of face/head moisturizer and as an aftershave
- It’s plant-based formula is a highly effective hydrant for better looking skin
- Packed with super powerful plant ingredients that include anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties which combat razor burns, irritation and stress on your skin
- 100% Refund guaranteed if you don’t like the product
- Doesn’t contain alcohol, so it won’t dry out your skin
- Sized at 60ml, makes it small and easy to travel with
- Not many to think about but if I had to be picky, it would be that it’s small in size and will need to be replaced more frequently than most other moisturizers
Nivea Men’s Sensitive Protection Lotion
The Nivea Men’s Sensitive Protective Lotion is a moisturizer with a broad spectrum SPF 15 that is sized at 75ml, and comes in a 3 pack.
- Get 3 bottles for roughly $20 ($7 per bottle)
- Small and easy to travel with
- Intense moisturizer that soothes your skin and improves your skin over time
- Contains SPF 15, so it backs up as a sunscreen and helps prevent sunburn
- Contains no alcohol, so it doesn’t dry up your skin
- Not made from 100% natural ingredients
High Time Dare To Be Bald Protective Scalp
This scalp protective treatment moisturizier lotion is made with tea tree oil that shines, soothes your head and prevents razor bumps on your head.
- Hydrant moisturizer
- Stops and prevents razor bumps
- This moisturizer is made spefically for bald men
- Keep your head shiny for long periods
- Priced at just under $30, which is at the high end side of moisturizers
- Some guys don’t like a shine!
Bee Bald Smooth Plus Daily Moisturizer
A head and face moisturizer which is specifically made for bald men.
- Hydrates and moisturizes your skin
- Priced at under $7, which is very affordable for all men
- Helps reduce oily secretions
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Small and compact, which is easy to take on your travels
- Not made from 100% organic and natural ingredients
Earths Daughter Aloe Vera Gel
This moisturizer is made from organic aloe vera gel which is 100% natural.
No colors, fragrances, alcohol, parabens or petrochemicals have been added.
- 100% natural and made from 99% organic aloe vera
- Value for money, priced at under $14 for 240ml!
- Great for razor burns
- Soothes and hydrates dry, itchy and irritated skin
- Heavy aloe pungent smell and odour after use, according to some reviews
- Packaging not high quality and bottles seem to break easily
Being bald is more popular today than it’s ever been in the history of mankind.
Over the years, tons of companies have come out and put products on the market that work for our bald heads.
Not all are good, but there are some products out there that we just cannot live without.
After going through the rituals of shaving your head, you can now easily reach for a top quality moisturizer and apply to your own scalp.
It’s super important that all of you bald men look after your heads.
It’s our asset, so we got to make sure it’s well taken care of and happy!
Our personal favorite moisturizers for our bald heads would have to be the range of MANTL products.
Check out their store, it’s pretty cool and all products are made specifically for bald men!
By moisturizing everyday, you can keep your scalp well nourished and and refreshed.
Have a good one bald legends!